Wednesday, May 13, 2009

REFLECTION: WEEKS 15 & 16















Week 15
This week we did our final eye opener on an online learning activity for our group members to do. I thought this was fun, and a great way to cover many different topics! We also had a guest speaker Sue Whitney come to our class to talk to us about junking and her life background. I thought she was a great speaker, junker, and very intelligent as well! She gave us all a free copy of one of her junking books, so I was very thankful for that. This week was also had class outside and sat in a big circle and shared to everyone what our most significant learning was. Although it was fun and nice to be outside, it was somewhat sad because we all knew that it was the last day of class! I think it's clear that we all learned so much from this class, not only about the environment, but also about ourselves and everyone around us...

Week 16
This week all we had to do is comment on everyones eye opener post. This is officially the last week of blogging, but I know I will still check my blog over the summer and even post things when I'm bored! Also this week we have to do our very last reflection, which I am doing right now...(sniff sniff)

What I have learned overall
Overall, I have learned so much in this class. Here is a brief list of things I learned or got more familiar with from being in Environment Health Issues:

-blogging (duh)
-junking
-using a compass
-be nice to people when approaching them about the smoking policy, lol
-water privatization
-corporations can patent seeds (still angry about that topic!!!!)
-you can easily make an eye-gouger out of a sprinkler
-how to take good photos
-Subways cookies are AMAZING
-health equals wealth
-eat less meat!
-Dr. V is the fastest speed walker in the world!
-the ozone is closing
-group 3 is hilarious!
-this class was filled with good quality people!

Well that about does it. Last post (for class) ever! As Dr. Martin Luther King once said in his infamous I Have A Dream speech, "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!" Hope everyone has an amazing summer break! Don't work too hard now, and keep in touch. This class may be over, but its spirit will live on....(in health 4000)!

10 comments:

  1. Ben you're so cute! lol I still think approaching those smokers on campus in a nice way isn't going to work either;) lol And for the record Group #1 is the best, sry just the way it is. But on a brighter note, the ozone is closing;) haha Great reflection Ben. Have a great summer.
    Passion on 3! 1,2....3=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben-
    I already miss class and it hasn't even been a week, haha. I definitely think we should keep blogging over the summer! I'm glad you learned how to use a compass, because I definitely wasn't paying attention during that activity.. haha. HAVE A GREAT SUMMER AT HOME! COME VISIT LOTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben I loved the way that you listed out all that you have learned... really made me think more about what I have learned!:) free at last .... lol you are funny Ben!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you we should all keep touch and continue blogging throughout summer! I liked all your things youve learned...so funny! Great reflection and hopefully see you around Dtown this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading all that you've learned! Stay away from sprinklers and enjoy your summer freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ben you make me laugh! great post and keep on blogging cause i will be checking to see what you are doing!! keep me posted cause i will be up here for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ben, such an inspiring and somewhat emotional post. I am pleased with everyoned adoption of the word "quality"...including you!! That dang eye gouger...gunna miss her! Have a good summer. I can't wait til you guys come visit me in CO!!!! -S

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious to find out what blog platform you happen to be utilizing? I'm
    experiencing some small security issues with my latest website and I'd like to find something more secure. Do you have any solutions?
    Also see my site > http://bostaditurkiet.net/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I every time used to study piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user of web therefore from
    now I am using net for articles, thanks to web.
    Feel free to surf my site ferienhaus türkei

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good day! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers
    and starting a new project in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have
    done a extraordinary job!
    My page :: http://propertyinturkeyforsale.net/

    ReplyDelete